Saturday, December 10, 2022

Little Use For Faulty 2023-2024 Calendar

Ever run across a faulty calendar? How about the following items, all in one unit, which my video shows?? Duplicated months, missing months, one duplicated month where the date starts on the wrong day of the week, another month where all the dates and Saturday/Sunday sequencing dates don't align.

How faulty was the calendar? How little use did I have with it? What did I do about the calendar after I scanned the parts and turned it into a blog topic?

How Faulty was the Calendar?

The calendar was so faulty ...

The second instance of Feb 2023 showed the first date off by a day.

What? A second instance of Feb 2023? Yes! Furthermore, three more months for 2023 had two instances each. On the good side, the days of the weeks were accurate. Low bar here.

Oct 2024 was a beaut—my poster month and video title page image. For starters, it didn't show the first date, the 1st. Every WEEK was inaccurate. None of the dates was accurate for actual October 2024 dates, and the poster month Sunday dates didn't follow their respective Saturday dates.

There's more! Another set of months, February through May 2024 were duplicated in the calendar. Months were missing. I wouldn't have cared too much about Oct through Dec 2022, but Jan 2023 omission was weird. The rest of the missing months were Jun through Sep 2024.

I gotta give props to the calendar implementer for having shown both instances of Feb 2024 having 29 days (Leap Year month).

How little use did I have with it?

For accuracy, almost no use. It was useful for creating my blog topic for video and article. The initial perusing nudged my inclination to fact-check. I have NEVER, EVER had a calendar that was inaccurate. And this one was inaccurate in SPADES!

What did I do about the calendar after I scanned the parts and turned it into a blog topic?

I returned to the shop and exchanged it for an accurate one. No problems with the exchange. I did give the newer one a quick visual scan to ensure no missing months, no duplicated months, and correct-order months.

3 comments:

Holly Jahangiri said...

Unfortunately, this is probably one of the main reasons KDP won't accept calendars, planners, journals, and other "low content" products from self-published authors. One of several reasons, but the returns would eat them alive.

I prefer undated planners. I like to ones from C.R. Gibson. Sturdy, they come with a bookmark/ribbon, and I think maybe you can still get them dotted or lined.

Holly Jahangiri said...

FYI, when I commented here, I thought it didn't take my comment. Blogger comment form popped UNDER the browser window, not over. (It's been a while - I should've remembered that it does that, or sometimes does that. I almost missed it, though.)

whilldtkwriter said...

Thanks for comments! About calendar dates, I've seen at least a couple of cartoons on Toon In with Me that have shown calendar months with 30 days, regardless of month. Especially amusing when I've seen months' names flow off the wall.