Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Buck Bookended at 2019 End


At the end of 2019 (December, to be more specific), I shot three bucks. Two were within minutes of each other on the 9th, and the final one on the 29th. What do I mean about "bookended"? The first buck bookend for 2019 turns out to be "2019 New Year's Day Buck"(article, video).

Throughout the year, I'd spotted numerous deer--lots of does and fawns, but few bucks. One other buck ambled into view on October 28 (image also near the end of "Short Pre- TDay Deer Tracking" video). I was lucky that I had my camera with me, although I wasn't prepared enough to shoot video of him.

Thus far in 2020, have not captured many images/videos for animals and plants. Might be a combination of so far of not getting out a lot this year, and less flora and fauna activity compared to last year.

2 comments:

Wendy Wheeler said...

I'm so used to Texas hunters (family & neighbors) that I thought you were bam-bam SHOOTING the deer!

whilldtkwriter said...

Heh, not that kinda shooting for me. :-)