Sunday, July 21, 2013

Century Plant Triplets--2nd Week

The pixstrip shows the agave triplets pic from March 4 and two from March 11. Do a visual comparison of heights of the two pictures on the left. Although the stalks initially don't look much taller, they might have picked up half of the street sign height. Maybe some day I'll return to the area and measure the sign so I can guestimate how much the stalks grew from March 4 to March 11.

The picture on the right shows the March 11 image with additional skyward background for height reference. As my series continues, pictures will show sprouting progress, more than looking like giant asparagus shoots.

The following is an excerpt of thoughts I'd sent email out that day:
Took a couple of other pix today. (I took last week's about 8 AM 3/4.) I cropped one of them to just under the wires for a relative size the one I sent last week. I then thought that it might be interesting to crop the same pic but include the wires for height relative view. I'm hoping to take weekly pix until the conclusion of the plants, or until they get cut down, whichever occurs first.
Index to my agave posts, from the time I first spotted the set of triplets in early March to mid-June, about 3 1/2 months.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

No comments: