|Image in pixstrip||1st||2nd||3rd||4th|
|Dry veggie soup, 0.9 oz packet||2||1||1||1|
|Lentils, 16-oz. bag||1||1||1/2||1/2|
|Water||8C||4C||4C||2 1/2 C|
|Soup stock/reconstituted bouillon||—||4C||—||1 1/2 C|
|Minimum number of servings||8||8||4||4|
- Pick the recipe option you want to try.
- Set out the equipment you'll need. (The pixstrip images show the equipment you should have.)
- Rinse the lentils as instructed on the package.
- Put the ingredients into a large pot.
- Heat the ingredients until they come to a rolling boil.
- Turn the heat down to simmer.
- Go do something else for about a half hour or so.
- When you return,
- Check a lentil or two for the tenderness you want. Add more simmer time if necessary.
- Taste for seasoning preference. Add more seasoning as you want.
- If the soup's thicker than you want, add more fluid.
November 16, 2015 (update)
If you want to use fresh veggies instead of veggie soup mix, visit "Sliced-Veggie Lentil Soup".