playlist compilation article
Some products have used known songs, and some products' jingles have expanded into song hits. The first category has a lot more instances than the second one. Maybe it's more common to have songs inspire ads than for ad-specific music to morph into recorded music that people want to buy.
The music I cite range from about 50 years to well over 100 years old. If newer music has integrated into products, I probably am less aware. Technology that wasn't available a few decades ago has made it convenient to skip commercials. For Superbowl 51, I'll consider being on the lookout for products with familiar music.
Hmm, I'd like to see the NFL switch from the unwieldy Roman numerals to the more compact Arabic numerals. Think about the Superbowl number two years ago. BTW, if you want to quickly convert a Roman numeral to Arabic or vice versa, visit "Roman Numerals Converter". Enter a numeral, then click Convert It!
Products that Incorporated Known Music
Tropicana Orange Juice
- Tropicana Pure Premium Puts The 'Good' In Morning
- Singing in the Rain - Good Morning !! (Features the late Debbie Reynolds.)
- Original animated CRISPY CRITTERS Cereal Commercial
- The Nutcracker, Act 2 Tableau III: Part III.Divertissement: Trepak (Russian Dance)
- Pavarotti La Donna e Mobile Moscow 1964
- Mussorgsky - Night On Bald Mountain
- Night on Bald Mountain 'A Disney Halloween' (Has reference to Fantasia movie.)
- United Airlines commercial
- George Gershwin - Rhapsody in Blue - Leonard Bernstein, New York Philharmonic (1976)
- Marlboro Cigarette Commercial from the 1950s or 1960s, no 1
- The Magnificent Seven Theme • Elmer Bernstein
Benson & Hedges Cigarettes
- Famous Alka-Seltzer "No Matter What Shape" TV Commercial - from 1966!
- T-Bones - No Matter What Shape .....